Definition of Naturopath
Naturopath: A physician who practices naturopathic medicine. Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment and optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances which encourage the person's inherent self-healing process, the vis medicatrix naturae.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?