Definition of Oesophagus
Oesophagus: Alternate spelling for esophagus. The British have an oesophagus while Americans have an esophagus. But on both sides of the Atlantic it is known as the swallowing tube.
Inflammation of this organ is known as esophagitis or oesophagitis:
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu