Definition of Oesophagus
Oesophagus: Alternate spelling for esophagus. The British have an oesophagus while Americans have an esophagus. But on both sides of the Atlantic it is known as the swallowing tube.
Inflammation of this organ is known as esophagitis or oesophagitis:
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication