Definition of Oesophagus
Oesophagus: Alternate spelling for esophagus. The British have an oesophagus while Americans have an esophagus. But on both sides of the Atlantic it is known as the swallowing tube.
Inflammation of this organ is known as esophagitis or oesophagitis:
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?