Definition of Oral cancer
Oral cancer: Cancer within the mouth. Oral cancer is associated with smoking cigarettes and cigars as well as chewing tobacco. It is generally noticed as a painless growth on the inner cheek, gum, or tongue. Treatment options include surgical resection, radiation, and/or chemotherapy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Oral Health Resources
- What Can You Do to Prevent Oral Cancer?
- Eww! What's Living In Your Mouth?
- Evaluator: How Healthy Is Your Mouth?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu