Definition of Oral cancer
Oral cancer: Cancer within the mouth. Oral cancer is associated with smoking cigarettes and cigars as well as chewing tobacco. It is generally noticed as a painless growth on the inner cheek, gum, or tongue. Treatment options include surgical resection, radiation, and/or chemotherapy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Oral Health Resources
- What Can You Do to Prevent Oral Cancer?
- Eww! What's Living In Your Mouth?
- 14 Tips to Stay Off Tobacco
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication