Definition of Pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic cancer: A malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a 'silent' disease because early pancreatic cancer usually does not cause symptoms. If the tumor blocks the common bile duct, and bile cannot pass into the digestive system, the skin and whites of the eyes may become yellow (jaundiced), and the urine may become darker as a result of accumulated bile pigment (bilirubin).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication