Definition of Placenta, succenturiate
Placenta, succenturiate: An extra placenta separate from the main placenta. In anatomy "succenturiate" means accessory to an organ. In this case, a succenturiate placenta is an accessory placenta.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair