Definition of Placental dystocia
Placental dystocia: Difficulty in delivering the placenta. A number of techniques may be tried to overcome placental dystocia, including changing position, massage, nursing the newborn baby to induce uterine contractions, and in some cases using medications that induce uterine contractions.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?