Definition of Pregnancy planning
Pregnancy planning: Pregnancy planning addresses issues like nutrition, vitamins, body weight, exercise, potentially harmful medications and illnesses, immunizations, and genetic counseling that may impact a woman's ability to carry a child to term. A woman who plans to become pregnant should make lifestyle choices for optimal health in advance of the planned conception. See also birth control, family planning.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?