Definition of Psychosis, schizophrenia
Psychosis, schizophrenia: The most chronic and disabling of the major mental illnesses. Schizophrenia may be one disorder, or it may be many disorders, with different causes. Because of the disorder's complexity, few generalizations hold true for all people who are diagnosed as schizophrenic.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Bipolar or Schizophrenia? How to Tell
- Help Your Depression Treatment Work
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu