Definition of Pyloric stenosis
Pyloric stenosis: Narrowing (stenosis) of the outlet of the stomach so that food cannot pass easily from it into the duodenum. Pyloric stenosis results in feeding problems and projectile vomiting in infants. The obstruction can be corrected with a relatively simple surgical procedure.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair