Definition of Pyloric stenosis
Pyloric stenosis: Narrowing (stenosis) of the outlet of the stomach so that food cannot pass easily from it into the duodenum. Pyloric stenosis results in feeding problems and projectile vomiting in infants. The obstruction can be corrected with a relatively simple surgical procedure.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu