Definition of Pregnancy calendar
Pregnancy calendar: A pregnancy calendar is a chronological depiction of developmental changes in a pregnant woman and her embryo/fetus during the 40-week pregnancy. Pregnancy calendars usually describe fetal development and growth besides changes in the mother's body at weekly intervals. The calendar is calculated based upon the date of the woman's last menstrual period (LMP) and include the predicted date of birth (due date), sometimes referred to as the EDC, or estimated date of confinement.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?