Definition of Soft tissue sarcoma
Soft tissue sarcoma: A malignant tumor that begins in the muscle, fat, fibrous tissue, blood vessels, or other "soft" supporting tissues of the body. Soft tissue sarcomas do not originate in bone or cartilage.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication