Definition of Staging
Staging: stagingDoing exams and tests to learn the extent of a cancer, especially whether it has spread from its original site to other parts of the body. The following stage numbers are typically used in staging:
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication