Definition of STDs in women
STDs in women: Sexually transmitted disease (STD) as it affects women. Women can contract all the known STDs but may have no symptoms or have different symptoms than men do. For example, women infected with gonorrhea may not have any symptoms but may have a severe pelvic infection later, and they can pass the disease on to their sexual partners. Women can transmit STDs to their babies before, during, or after birth.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?