Definition of Stool occult blood test
Stool occult blood test: A test to see whether there is blood in the bowel movement. Also called a fecal occult blood test: A test to check for hidden blood in stool. (Fecal refers to stool. Occult means hidden.) Abbreviated stool OB.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/28/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?