Definition of Systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
Systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: A form of joint disease in children whose systemic signs and symptoms include high intermittent fever, a salmon-colored skin rash, swollen lymph glands, enlargement of the liver and spleen, inflammation of the lungs (pleuritis), and inflammation around the heart (pericarditis). The arthritis itself may not be immediately apparent, but in time it surfaces and may persist after the systemic symptoms are long gone. Also known as systemic-onset chronic arthritis or Still's disease.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?