Definition of Transvestism
Transvestism: Dressing in the clothing of the opposite sex. Transvestism is distinct from both transsexualism and homosexuality. In psychiatry, it can be considered a paraphilia.
Also known as cross-dressing.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Revive Your Sex Drive
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?