Definition of Yogurt
Yogurt: A dairy product made by fermented milk with one or more bacterial cultures. It has been used to repopulate the normal bacterial flora of the intestines after antibiotic therapy and associated diarrhea and for treating and preventing vaginal yeast and bacterial infections.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 11 No-Alcohol Drinks for Diabetes
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication