Definition of Anogenital tract
Anogenital tract: Angiogenital tract is a term used to refer to both the anus and genital tract. The genital tract encompasses the external and internal sex organs in both men and women. The term anogenital tract is often used in the categorization and/or description of disease processes that can affect both of these anatomic regions. For example, infection with certain types of human papillomaviruses (HPVs) is associated with the development of cancers of the anogenital tract (cancers of the anus as well as cancers of the genital organs).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Revive Your Sex Drive
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?