Definition of Heberden node
Heberden node: A small fixed bump on the finger, usually at the last joint of the finger, Heberden's node is a calcified spur of the joint (articular) cartilage and is a sign of osteoarthritis.
Named for the English physician William Heberden (1710-1801) who made a number of celebrated medical discoveries (including angina).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication