Definition of Node, Heberden
Node, Heberden: A small fixed bump on the finger, usually at the last joint of the finger, Heberden's node is a calcified spur of the joint (articular) cartilage and is a sign of osteoarthritis.
Named for the English physician William Heberden (1710-1801) who made a number of celebrated medical discoveries (including angina).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?