Definition of Amebic colitis
Amebic colitis: Amebic dysentery with ulcers in the colon from infection with the ameba Entamoeba histolytica. This single-celled parasite is transmitted to humans via contaminated water and food.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?