Definition of Asian cholera
Asian cholera: A devastating and sometimes lethal disease with intense vomiting and profuse watery diarrhea was discovered in 1883 to be due to infection with the bacteria Vibrio cholerae, a discovery made by the renowned German bacteriologist Robert Koch (1843-1910). Asian cholera is synonymous with cholera.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?