Definition of Asian cholera
Asian cholera: A devastating and sometimes lethal disease with intense vomiting and profuse watery diarrhea was discovered in 1883 to be due to infection with the bacteria Vibrio cholerae, a discovery made by the renowned German bacteriologist Robert Koch (1843-1910). Asian cholera is synonymous with cholera.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu