Definition of Dysentery, amebic
Dysentery, amebic: Inflammation of the intestine due to infection with the ameba Entamoeba histolytica. Amebic dysentery can be accompanied by amebic infection of the liver and other organs.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?