Definition of Dysentery, amebic
Dysentery, amebic: Inflammation of the intestine due to infection with the ameba Entamoeba histolytica. Amebic dysentery can be accompanied by amebic infection of the liver and other organs.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu