Definition of Joint, acetabular
Joint, acetabular: The hip joint. The acetabulum is the cup-shaped socket of the hip joint, and it is a key feature of the pelvic anatomy. The upper end of the femur (thighbone) fits right into the acetabulum, articulates with it, and thereby forms the largest ball-and-socket joint in the human body.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?