Definition of Joint, acetabular
Joint, acetabular: The hip joint. The acetabulum is the cup-shaped socket of the hip joint, and it is a key feature of the pelvic anatomy. The upper end of the femur (thighbone) fits right into the acetabulum, articulates with it, and thereby forms the largest ball-and-socket joint in the human body.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication