Definition of Arth. and Musculoskeletal and Skin Dis, Nat'l Inst
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal & Skin Diseases, National Institute of: One of the National Institutes of Health in the U.S. As its somewhat cumbersome name indicates, NIAMS's mission is a wide and important one, namely to "conduct and support a broad spectrum of research on normal structure and function of bones, muscles, and skin, as well as the numerous and disparate diseases that affect these tissues. NIAMS also conducts research training and epidemiologic studies and disseminates information."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication