Definition of Insemination
Insemination: The deposition of semen in the female reproductive tract. With sexual intercourse, the deposit is made within the vagina or the cervix. By artificial means, such as intrauterine insemination, the deposit can be made directly into the uterus.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Heart Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Know these 6 Serious Medical Symptoms of Afib
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair