Definition of Adjuvant chemotherapy
Adjuvant chemotherapy: Chemotherapy given after removal of a cancerous tumor to further help in treatment. Many chemotherapy drugs are most effective after the majority of the tumor has been removed.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication