Definition of Carpal tunnel release
Carpal tunnel release: A surgical procedure to relieve pressure exerted on the median nerve within the carpal tunnel causing carpal tunnel syndrome. Surgical release is performed via a small incision, using conventional surgery techniques or a fiber-optic scope (endoscopic carpal tunnel repair).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?