Definition of Carpal tunnel release
Carpal tunnel release: A surgical procedure to relieve pressure exerted on the median nerve within the carpal tunnel causing carpal tunnel syndrome. Surgical release is performed via a small incision, using conventional surgery techniques or a fiber-optic scope (endoscopic carpal tunnel repair).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication