Definition of Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): A test-tube fertilization procedure in which a sperm is injected directly into an egg to achieve fertilization. ICSI is done for male infertility.
Babies conceived by ICSI have no more major birth defects or delays in development than children conceived by natural means.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Heart Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Know These 6 Serious Medical Symptoms of Afib
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?