Definition of RV (rotavirus)
RV (rotavirus): RV is an abbreviation for rotavirus, a leading cause of severe winter diarrhea in young children. There are currently two rotavirus vaccines available in the U.S.
Rotavirus was discovered in 1973 and took its name from its wheel- like appearance (rota means wheel in Latin).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/28/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu