Definition of RV (rotavirus)
RV (rotavirus): RV is an abbreviation for rotavirus, a leading cause of severe winter diarrhea in young children. There are currently two rotavirus vaccines available in the U.S.
Rotavirus was discovered in 1973 and took its name from its wheel- like appearance (rota means wheel in Latin).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/28/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication