Definition of RV (rotavirus)
RV (rotavirus): RV is an abbreviation for rotavirus, a leading cause of severe winter diarrhea in young children. There are currently two rotavirus vaccines available in the U.S.
Rotavirus was discovered in 1973 and took its name from its wheel- like appearance (rota means wheel in Latin).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/28/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?