Definition of Mutism, akinetic
Mutism, akinetic: A state in which a person is unable to speak (mute) or move (akinetic). Akinetic mutism is often due to damage to the frontal lobes of the brain.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu