Definition of Discoid lupus
Discoid lupus: A chronic inflammatory condition that is limited to the skin and is caused by an autoimmune disease. Up to 10 percent of persons with discoid lupus eventually develop systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Heredity, viruses, ultraviolet light, and drugs maySource: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?