Definition of Discoid lupus
Discoid lupus: A chronic inflammatory condition that is limited to the skin and is caused by an autoimmune disease. Up to 10 percent of persons with discoid lupus eventually develop systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Heredity, viruses, ultraviolet light, and drugs maySource: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication