Definition of Shoulder, frozen
Shoulder, frozen: Permanent severe limitation of the range of motion of the shoulder due to inflammation and subsequent scarring around the shoulder joint (adhesive capsulitis). Frozen shoulder may occur following an injury or immobilization of the shoulder joint, and it occurs more commonly in people with diabetes and certain other health conditions than in the general population.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication