Definition of Shoulder, frozen
Shoulder, frozen: Permanent severe limitation of the range of motion of the shoulder due to inflammation and subsequent scarring around the shoulder joint (adhesive capsulitis). Frozen shoulder may occur following an injury or immobilization of the shoulder joint, and it occurs more commonly in people with diabetes and certain other health conditions than in the general population.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?