Definition of AIDS dementia complex
AIDS dementia complex: A brain disorder in people with severe AIDS, causing loss of thinking capacity and affecting the ability to function. AIDS dementia complex is considered an AIDS-defining illness'that is, one of the serious illnesses that occurs in HIV-positive individuals warranting an AIDS diagnosis, according to the definition of AIDS by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths About HIV and AIDS
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu