Definition of Joint, acromioclavicular
Joint, acromioclavicular: A gliding joint located between the acromion (a projection of the scapula that forms the point of the shoulder) and the clavicle (the collar bone). It is served and supported by the capsular, superior, and inferior acromioclavicular ligaments; the articular disk; and the coracoclavicular (trapezoid and conoid) ligaments. Abbreviated AC joint.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication