Definition of Joint, ball-and-socket
Joint, ball-and-socket: A joint in which the round end of a bone fits into the cavity of another bone. The hip joint is a ball-and-socket joint.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication