Definition of Trichobezoar
Trichobezoar: A wad of swallowed hair. Also called a hairball. Trichobezoars can sometimes be found to cause blockage of the digestive system, especially at the exit of the stomach.
Interestingly, in the Far East culture, trichobezoars are felt to have medicinal properties!Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?