Definition of Trichobezoar
Trichobezoar: A wad of swallowed hair. Also called a hairball. Trichobezoars can sometimes be found to cause blockage of the digestive system, especially at the exit of the stomach.
Interestingly, in the Far East culture, trichobezoars are felt to have medicinal properties!Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu