Definition of Bezoar
Bezoar: A clump or wad of swallowed food or hair. Bezoars can block the digestive system, especially the exit of the stomach. A bezoar composed of hair is called a trichobezoar. A bezoar composed of vegetable materials is called a phytobezoar. A bezoar composed of hair and food is called a trichophytobezoar.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu