Definition of Annexin V
Annexin V: A substance that normally forms a shield around certain phospholipid molecules in the blood, blocking their entry into coagulation (clotting) reactions. Annexin V is thought to be a cause of antiphospholipid syndrome.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair