Definition of Joint, calcaneocuboid
Joint, calcaneocuboid: The joint located in the foot between the calcaneus bone and the cuboid bone. It is a gliding type of joint. The ligaments that serve to support and strengthen this joint are called the capsular, dorsal calcaneocuboid, bifurcated, long plantar, and plantar calcaneocuboid ligaments.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication