Definition of Articulations of the body, principal
Articulations of the body, principal: The principal articulations (joints) of the human body.
They include the following:
Note the double entries involving the ankle, elbow, knee and shoulder. For example, Ankle (tibia-fibula and talus) and Tibia-fibula and talus (ankle).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication