Definition of Placental chorioangioma
Placental chorioangioma: A benign vascular (blood vessel) tumor of the placenta. Large chorioangiomas can cause complications, including excess amniotic fluid (polyhydramnios), maternal and fetal clotting problems (coagulopathies), premature delivery, toxemia, fetal heart failure, and hydrops (excess fluid) that affect the fetus.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?