Definition of Ageusia
Ageusia: An inability to taste sweet, sour, bitter, or salty substances. People who can taste sweet, sour, bitter, or salty substances but have a reduced ability to do so are said to have hypogeusia.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair