Definition of Acromion
Acromion: The projection of the scapula (the shoulder blade) that forms the point of the shoulder.
The acromion is part of the scapula. It protrudes laterally (away from the midline) and is triangular in shape.
The top of the shoulder is acromial. The word "acromion" comes from the Greek "akron", peak + "omos", shoulder = the peak of the shoulder.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication