Definition of Acromion
Acromion: The projection of the scapula (the shoulder blade) that forms the point of the shoulder.
The acromion is part of the scapula. It protrudes laterally (away from the midline) and is triangular in shape.
The top of the shoulder is acromial. The word "acromion" comes from the Greek "akron", peak + "omos", shoulder = the peak of the shoulder.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair