Definition of Enlarged spleen
Enlarged spleen: Splenomegaly, or an enlargement of the spleen. This condition can occur with different medical conditions ranging from blood disorders to infections and certain forms of cancer.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication