Definition of Enlarged spleen
Enlarged spleen: Splenomegaly, or an enlargement of the spleen. This condition can occur with different medical conditions ranging from blood disorders to infections and certain forms of cancer.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?