Definition of Spastic colon
Spastic colon: A term sometimes used to refer to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Although the term "spastic" colon implies the occurrence of muscle contractions, or spasms, in the large bowel, this may not hold true for all cases of IBS. See also irritable bowel syndrome.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?