Definition of Nat'l Center for Complementary & Alternative Med.
National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine: Abbreviated NCCAM. A part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), this center "conducts and supports basic and applied research and training and disseminates information on complementary and alternative medicine to practitioners and the public."
NCCAM "identifies and evaluates unconventional health care practices; and supports, coordinates and conducts research and research training on these practices and disseminates information," according to the NIH.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Relaxation Techniques for Migraines
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?