Definition of Lining, uterine
Lining, uterine: The inner layer of the uterus (womb); the cells that line the womb; anatomically termed the endometrium.
This tissue is normally shed monthly in response to the hormonal changes of the menstrual period.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair