Definition of Lining, uterine
Lining, uterine: The inner layer of the uterus (womb); the cells that line the womb; anatomically termed the endometrium.
This tissue is normally shed monthly in response to the hormonal changes of the menstrual period.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication