EMG - Biofeedback

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Electromyography (EMG).
What was your experience with EMG biofeedback?

Published: March 13

I had an EMG test earlier and I wasn't sure what to expect. I had the bilateral upper extremities tested (arms). First, they did the electrical shock part and that was quite painful. I jumped at first not expecting that level of shock. After the first few it was ok and I knew what to expect. I did get woozy and needed to lie down for a minute. The doctor then came in to do the needle part and I stayed lying down. The first needle and the ones in my hand were quite painful, the others were ok, but in my mind no needle is good, so it was just tolerated! I had watched a You Tube video prior to the appointment but I don't think I had an idea of how much it would hurt. Now a few hours later my arms are hurting. They told me most people don't get bothered by the shocks or the needles, guess I'm a wuss, but that hurt..