Acne (Pimples) - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acne.
How long did the symptoms of your acne (pimples) last?

Wow I’ve had acne since like the 5th grade, I didn’t get my period until I was 14 so me and my doctor didn’t think it was hormonal. It recently just turned into cystic acne, but it has been worse. I was just put on minocycline and in two months if no results I will start on Accutane. Thank god for insurance because I was put on the Differin Gel in the 6 grade and it would have been $400. I am a sophomore now and I don’t feel my acne is embarrassing at all. It doesn’t stop me from dating or making friends. I’m just doing it for my mom because she feels its bothering me, but it is not so. If you still have acne. I suggest not to worry at all it won’t stop you from achieving things..

Well, I have had acne since 6th grade and I am about to be a 9th grader and it is very irritating at times. Some days it makes me cry, but I always seem to stay strong and still be the pretty girl I am, but I have tried proactive for 4 months and it only made it worse. I tied clear skin which also made it worse. I’ve tried several other products, but nothing seems to work. I visited the doctor and they gave me a product called tretinoin and I’m confident in this product because it seems to be working. Acne is a terrible thing to live with because I can’t express myself how I want to. I always seem to hide behind a shield which gets to me. I HATE IT.!.